Post Basic Certificate in Perioperative Nursing
About The Programme
The Post Basic Certificate in Perioperative Nursing (PBCPN) is a 6 months home grown programme offered by School of Medical and Life Sciences Sunway University. It obtained its approval (PA) from the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE) and the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA on 9th March 2021). The structure of the curriculum is guided by the Standard and Guidelines of the Nursing Board Malaysia. The Post Basic Certificate in Perioperative Nursing (PBCPN) is 20 credits programme. Clinical practice will be mainly in Sunway Medical Centre and KKM hospitals.
March and September (2 intakes per year)
6 months fulltime
- Nursing Manager
- OT Clinical Instructor
- OT technicians
- Anesthetist assistant
- Nursing Lecturer
- Post Basic Clinical Instructor
- OT Nurse specialist
- Fundamentals of Systemic Perioperative Nursing
- Surgical Instrumentation and Equipment
- Periperative Care 1
- Anaesthesia Care in Perioperative Nursing
- Professional Practice 1
- Principles of Microbiology and Infection Control
- Perioperative Care 2
- Communication and Counselling
- Professional Practice 2
- Certified medically fit.
- Possess current Annual Practising Certificate (APC) for nurses from MNB.
- Possess Diploma in Nursing from a recognised institution by MNB.
- Minimum TWO (2) years of clinical working experience.
- At least THREE (3) months of experience in the related field (operating theatre)
Mode of Delivery
- Lecture (virtual/face to face)
- Clinical placement
Other Special Instructions
All candidates will be required to complete clinical placement as a requirement of the curriculum.
Send your application to: