Post Basic Certificate in Intensive Care Nursing (MQA/PA 12111)
About The Programme
Post Basic Intensive Care Nursing Course is a 6-month full-time programme designed to provide nurses with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, attitude and skills in the field of Intensive Care nursing. Graduates from this course will be knowledgeable and skillful in delivering care in the field of critical care in line with the industrial requirements.
March & September
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Instructor Critical Care
- Nurse Administrator in Critical Area
- Behavioural Science - Concepts of Critical Care Nursing
- Basic Medical Sciences - Applied Anatomy & Physiology
- Nursing Sciences - Cardiovascular and Blood Disorder Nursing
- Nursing Sciences - Respiratory Nursing
- Clinical Placement - Professional and Practice I
- Nursing Science - Neurological and Endocrine Nursing
- Nursing Science - Renal & Gastrointestinal Nursing
- Nursing Sciences - Trauma & Emergency Nursing
- Clinical Placement - Professional and Practice II
Post Basic Speciality in Nursing
For Malaysian Candidates only
(Not applicable for International Candidates)
- Possess Diploma in Nursing from a recognised institution by MNB
- Registered with MNB
- Possess current Annual Practising Certificate (APC) for nurses from MNB
- Minimum two (2) years clinical working experience. Experience in the Intensive Care setting is an added advantage.
- Active Basic Life Support certification
- University English requirement may imply.
Candidates Health Status
- All candidates MUST be certified medically fit by a registered medical practitioner as required by the governing body.
- Candidates MUST not have any physicals disabilities or impaired senses that hinder nursing dexterity.
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face in Practical
Other Special Instructions
All candidates will be required to complete clinical placement as a requirement of the curriculum.
Send your application to: