The Chancellors Scholarship of Sunway University & Lancaster University
This scholarship is offered in the name of Tan Sri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah, AO, Foundation Chancellor of Sunway University, and Right Honourable Alan Milburn, Chancellor of Lancaster University. It commemorates the collaboration between Sunway University and Lancaster University in joint degree programmes, currently in the areas of Business, Computer Technology, Psychology and Communication.
- BSc (Hons) in Accounting & Finance
- BSc (Hons) Biology with Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Biomedicine
- BSc (Hons) Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies
- BA (Hons) in Communication
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BA (Hons) Design Communication
- BA (Hons) Digital Film Production
- BA (Hons) Entrepreneurship
- BSc (Hons) Global Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) in Mobile Computing with Entrepreneurship
- BSc (Hons) Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) Information Systems (Business Analytics)
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology (Computer Networking and Security)
- BSc (Hons) in International Business
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture
- BSc (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Medical Biotechnology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
- Applicants are required to achieve outstanding academic results for entry into degree courses.
- Cambridge GCE A Level: AAA
- Australian Matriculation: ATAR 95
- Canadian International Matriculation Programme/ SIS Ontario Grade 12: 95%
- Monash University Foundation Year: 95% (Based on the best 4 subjects)
- Sunway Foundation in Arts/ Sunway Foundation in Science and Technology: CGPA 3.80
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM): AAA
- Unified Examination Council (UEC): 8A1
- International Baccalaureate: 37
- Other Foundation/ Diploma: Case-by-case basis
- In addition to academic excellence, applicants are expected to excel in extra-curricular activities.
- Possess leadership qualities, self-motivation and positive attitude.
Value of Scholarship
- The scholarship offers a full tuition fee deduction. It also includes a two (2) weeks’ study visit to Lancaster University, UK anytime after Year 1 of study. Costs covered by Sunway University and Lancaster University for the study visit are:
- Return airfare (economy class) from Kuala Lumpur to Lancaster
- Accommodation at Lancaster University, UK
Terms & Conditions
- Only Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Offer of Scholarships will be made only when University receives the actual results and after an interview has been conducted.
- The Scholarship will be subjected to a review at the end of every semester. A scholar must pass all examinations and maintain high academic standards (70% grade average), failing which the scholarships can be withdrawn.
- The terms and manner in which the Scholarship is disbursed will be decided by Sunway University and Lancaster University. All decisions made by the joint Sunway University–Lancaster University Scholarship Committee are final.
28 February 2019 and 1 August 2019