Sunway Sports Scholarship
Awarded to students with outstanding sports achievement at the State and National levels
50% scholarship for State Athletes; or
75% - 100% scholarship for National Athletes
Note: Scholarship quantum will be deducted from the tuition fee
- Malaysian students studying full-time in Sunway University/ Sunway College (KL) who are State or National Athletes (2 years prior to joining Sunway University – year 2016)
- Only selected sports are eligible for Sports Scholarships. Please refer to the list of sports below.
- Verification by State or National Sports Association
- The Sports Scholarships are open to Malaysian only
- Shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview session.
- Awarding of the scholarship is subject to the interview.
List of eligible sports
- Athletics (track & field, javelin, long jump, triple jump, high jump, pole vault, shot put, discus)
- Bowling (tenpin)
- Chess (International)
- Netball (Female only)
- Rugby (Male only)
- Table Tennis
- Taekwondo (WTF)
Terms & Conditions
- Only Malaysian Citizens are eligible to apply.
- The disbursement of Scholarship will be implemented in the second semester of the programme. Any excess amount paid in the first semester will be reimbursed upon sucessful completion of the programme.
- Scholars MUST represent the Institution in MASISWA, SUKIPT and IPT games or any other tournaments as and when required by the Institution Management.
- Sports Scholarship athletes must maintain good grades.
- A minimum of 80 hours should be contributed yearly for conducting sports training, workshop, clinical work etc (exclude training/ competition hours). However, this clause is not applicable to the current National Athletes who are undergoing training programme with the Malaysia National Team. Do approach the Sports Advisors at Student LIFE for further details.
- The Sports Scholarship is reviewed on a yearly basis. Scholarships can be revoked based on the discretion of the Institution.
- The final decision to grant the scholarship is at the sole discretion of the selection panel.
- If an applicant’s chosen sport is not part of the LIST of Sports for the Sunway Sports Scholarship, it will then fall under the discretion of Sunway University Scholarship Committee to accept the application and/ or to grant an interview.
28 February 2018 (for January & February intakes)
31 May 2018 (for March, April & May intakes)
28 September 2018 (for June, July, August & September intakes)