7 students and 4 alumni from Sunway University represented Team Malaysia in the 29th SEA Games 2017 which also branded as Kuala Lumpur 2017. Taking part in the five sports of artistic gymnastics, ice hockey, swimming, bowling and ice skating - the athletes came away with an impressive medal tally of 7 Gold, 3 Silver and 3 Bronze. The games were an amazing experience for all our athletes. They are all winners at the games.
Well done to all 11 of our athletes who took part in the games. You can all walk away knowing that you all worked so hard to be representing your country. We are so proud of all of you for how hard you have worked. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication over the months of training and helping to achieve the target of 111 Gold.
1. Sin Li Jane (ADTP): Bowling (Mixed Doubles)
2. Tan Ing Yueh (Bachelor of Communications): Artistic Gymnastics (Women’s Vault)
3. Farah Ann Binti Abdul Hadi (Alumna): Artistic Gymnastics (Floor Exercise)
4. Farah Ann and Tan Ing Yueh: Artistic Gymnastics (Women’s Team)
5. Natasha Roslan and Sin Li Jane: Bowling (Women’s Team)
6. Sin Li Jane: Bowling (Women’s Trio)
7. Julian Yee (Alumnus): Men’s Figure Skating
1. Sin Li Jane: Bowling (Women’s Singles)
2. Tan Ing Yueh (Bachelor of Communications): Artistic Gymnastics (Women’s Beam)
3. Chan Jie (ACCA): Swimming (Men’s 4x100m Freestyle)
1. Caroline Chan Zi Xin (ICAEW): Swimming (Women’s 50m backstroke)
2. Yap Eu Jin (Alumnus), Brandon Tan Wai Kin (Alumnus) and Low Jun Ming (Diploma in Information Technology): Ice Hockey
3. Natasha Roslan (ADTP) – Bowling (Women's Trio)