The Sunway University Student Association consists of all Sunway University students and is governed by the Sunway University Student Council.
The purposes of the Sunway University Student Association are:
- To represent the student community at Sunway University.
- To be the recognised channel of communication between the students and the academic and administrative authorities of Sunway University.
- To plan, organise and coordinate student-related activities in furthering the educational aims of Sunway University and in tandem with the interests of the students.
- To publish any information that the Association deems desirable in the declaration and promotion of its purposes from time to time.
- To co-operate with, and affiliate with other persons and bodies in pursuit of its purposes.
- To use the funds of the Association for payment of any expenses incurred in furthering the purposes of the Association.
- To defend the right of students to a representative, autonomous and self-governing organisation.
- To otherwise protect, promote and develop the interests and welfare of students.
- To make representations on matters affecting students to any member or body of Sunway University, and in particular to the Vice-Chancellor, the Academic Senate, and the Board of Directors.
- To be an accountable, representative and democratic body for the students.