MSc in Computer Science (By Research)
About The Programme
This programme will train you to carry out research in current and emerging IT fields, with the aim of growing advanced knowledge in specialist technical subject areas in order to be able to lead future developments in industry or academia.
You will be integrated as a member of our research groups at Sunway University with opportunities to participate in research activities alongside your supervisors such as seminars, workshops, laboratory experiments and fieldwork. Graduates of the MSc in Computer Science will have competencies in theory and practice of ICT and Computer Science. They will be well-equipped with analytical and problem-solving skills to work as senior consultants or in managerial positions in their field of study.
January, March, June & August
Full Time: 2 Years
Part Time: 3 Years
- Researcher in the area of Computer Science & Software
- System Analyst]
- Internet & Networking Specialist
- Software Engineer
- Software Quality Assurance Officer
- Software Solutions Designer
- Senior Systems Consultant
- With the MSc in Computer Science (By Research), a graduate can also venture into a Doctoral Degree, such as a PhD in Computing at Sunway University.
The MSc in Computer Science (by Research) consists of two taught modules and one thesis. Students will be required to complete two taught modules, namely Research Methodology and Directed Readings, before they proceed to writing the thesis. By undergoing these two modules, candidates will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct research successfully towards the Master’s degree.The modules are: