Doctor of Philosophy in Biology
About The Programme
This research driven programme aims to further develop your current research skills in one of a number of key areas of biology.
Working with your supervisors, you will be exposed to the many aspects of research activities including critical analysis of literature, identifying an area of contribution, gathering information and communicating ideas through journal publications and conference presentations.
Tutorials will be conducted in an exclusive, one-to-one manner and supervisors will be on hand to support you throughout the duration of the programme. Prior to enrolment, prospective candidates will have to consult Sunway’s qualified and experienced supervisors to ascertain the area of research.
March & August
3 Years (full-time)
4 Years (Part-time)
Areas of Research
Our academics have expertise in the following research areas:
- Cancer Biology and Therapeutics
- Drug discovery
- Infectious diseases
- Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Academia / Science Educator
- Postdoctoral / Research Scientist
- R&D (Senior Researcher)
- Scientific / Medical Writer
- Senior Laboratory Manager
- Scientific Policy (Government Institutions)
- Quality Control / Health & Safety Agencies