Communication studies is an academic field that deals with processes of human communication as well as the understanding and sharing of symbols to create meaning. The discipline encompasses a range of topics, from face-to-face conversation and print to mass media outlets such as television broadcasting. Communication studies also examines how messages are interpreted through the political, cultural, economic, and social dimensions of their contexts.
- ADVS 1013* Principles of Advertising Available from Fall 2016, 3 credits
- COMM 1013 Public Speaking & Presentation Skills, 3 credits
- COMM 1023 Intro to Human Communications, 3 credits
- COMM 2013 Intro to Communication Theory, 3 credits
- COMM 2023 Communication Research Methods, 3 credits
- COMM 2033 Mass Media and Society, 3 credits
- JRNS 1013 Introduction to Journalism, 3 credits